School District of Luck
Regular Board Meeting
September 28, 2015
The meeting was called to order by Board President Jacob Jensen. Those present were Board members Amy Dueholm, Todd Roehm, Kurt Stonesifer and LeRoy Buck. Also in attendance were Superintendent, Chris Schultz, High School Principal, Brad Werner, Elementary Principal, Ann Goldbach, Roger Nelson, Rick Palmer, Paige Spirks, Jeremy Brown, Lori Denny, Dean Roush, John O’Herron, Mary Stirrat and Lynda Olds.
Pledge of Allegiance
A motion was made to approve the agenda by Kurt Stonesifer and seconded by Amy Dueholm. All ayes. Motion carried.
A motion was made to approve the board minutes of the regular meeting of August 24, 2015 by Todd Roehm and seconded by Kurt Stonesifer. All ayes. Motion carried.
Vouchers 80234 through 80357 were presented for approval by Amy Dueholm. A motion to approve the vouchers was made by LeRoy Buck and seconded by Todd Roehm. All ayes. Motion carried.
The treasurer’s report was presented as follows by Amy Dueholm:
Checking account balance as of 8/30/15 $11,046.66
Total receipts to date $470,547.84
Total Disbursements to date $401,327.77
Ending balance to date $80,266.73
Total cash balance as of 9/28/2015 $1,148,529.01
A motion was made to approve the treasurer’s report as presented by Kurt Stonesifer and seconded by LeRoy Buck. All ayes. Motion carried.
Citizen Request to Address The Board
- Citizens who have signed up prior to the meeting; 3 minute limit-none.
- Other/Pre-approved –none.
- Student Representative – no representative.
- Superintendent, Chris Schultz. Mr. Schultz noted that the football scoreboard is not always working. Mr. Werner is looking into solutions and talking with Schneider Electric. He recently attended a Lakeland Conference meeting where parades and bands were discussed. Mr. Schultz is having Jamie Carlson look into alternate compensation plans. Special Education challenges were discussed along with Educator Effectiveness and the RTI program.
- Elementary Principal, Ann Goldbach. Mrs. Golbach also touched on Special Education and the need to meet academic needs as well as safety needs. A CESA Data retreat was held September 22nd and 23rd. She also noted that our SMART goal is a math goal and how teachers should incorporate math goals into their SLO’s (Student Learning Objectives).
- High School Principal, Brad Werner. Mr. Werner informed the Board that Star Screening is almost complete. This screening offers a look at each student’s ability in math and reading. He also spoke about the football scoreboard not working properly. Mr. Werner also touched on the two day CESA data retreat. He also spoke on an effort on including brain based strategies into the daily classroom activities. RTI changed from 5th period to 2nd period this year. Homecoming week activities were reviewed.
- Staff Report, Kurt Stonesifer. Report was given at September 14, 2015 meeting.
- Other Board Member Reports-none.
- Final Approval of Job Description for Activities Director. A motion was made by Kurt Stonesifer and seconded by Amy Dueholm to approve the Job Description of the Activities Director. All Yes. Motion carried.
- Final Approval of Job Description for Director for Custodial-Maintenance. A motion was made by Amy Dueholm and seconded by Kurt Stonesifer to approve the Job Description of the Director of Custodial-Maintenance. All ayes. Motion carried.
- Final Approval of Job Description for Mechanic. A motion was made by Todd Roehm and seconded by LeRoy Buck to approve the Job Description of the Mechanic. All ayes. Motion carried.
- Final Approval of Job Description for Custodian. A motion was made by LeRoy Buck and seconded by Kurt Stonesifer to approve the Job Description of Custodian. All ayes. Motion carried.
- Public Hearing on Board Resolution to Levy for Energy Efficiency Project. The project origination was discussed and it was noted that it started in February of 2015 with inquiries around changes that would make our school more ADA compliant. Schneider Electric began discussion on the Energy Efficiency Project which needs to demonstrate saving over the life of project as well as increasing safety, security and efficiency for students. Roger Nelson questioned what the project list consisted of and what the payback figures were. Roger also mentioned that different aspects of the project not being as necessary as others. It was brought up that the scope of the project has not been set, only the not to exceed limits have been set at the special meeting held earlier in the month. Schneider Electric offered to meet again with Roger to address specific questions.
- Other Business Allowed by Wisconsin Statutes.
A motion was made by Kurt Stonesifer to convene into executive session per WI Stat. 19.85(1), seconded by LeRoy Buck. Roll call vote: Amy Dueholm – yes, Todd Roehm – yes, Kurt Stonesifer – yes, LeRoy Buck – yes and Jacob Jensen – yes. Motion carried.
A motion was made to reconvene back into open session by LeRoy Buck and seconded by Amy Dueholm. Roll call vote: Amy Dueholm – yes, Todd Roehm – yes, Kurt Stonesifer – yes, LeRoy Buck – yes and Jacob Jensen – yes. Motion carried.
Possible action on Executive Session items. No action needed.
A motion was made to adjourn by Amy Dueholm and seconded by Kurt Stonesifer. All ayes. Motion carried.